In the meantime, Mrs. Capatosto continues to keep track of the students' scores by the Fast ForWord Progress Tracker. However, at the end of computer time, two students had not finished, so I stayed with them until they did as the rest of the class went back to the classroom with Mrs. Capatosto. When the two students and I went back to the classroom, we found everyone else sitting on the Reading Rug discussing their weekend events. This was enjoyable for the students because they got to share for themselves as well as hearing about their teacher’s weekend events with her family. After, Mrs. Capatosto read the book, “Dear Mr. Blueberry,” and the students were to respond to “when” questions. Next was centers, and the students were allowed to eat their snacks during this time. The centers for today were guided reading with Mrs. Capatosto, partner reading, listening to a book at the computer or listening to a book from a cassette player with their selected group of classmates. As the students were moving to their centers, Mrs. Capatosto went to the bulletin board to change jobs (line leaders, paper passer, messenger, mail box, caboose, lights & door, etc,). I love the idea of having jobs in a classroom because it gives each student a responsibility and a way for quiet students to participate with others. At Guided Reading today, the students were to review the vocabulary words from their assigned book, read the book as a group, and then work on a questions worksheet pertaining to the book. As the students were finishing up the centers, I got my belongings and left the classroom to go sign out at the office.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Learn & Serve 5
When I was in the Computer Lab this morning, Mrs. Capatosto told me that only 2nd graders in the Niagara Falls schools were using the Fast ForWord program. Then, I put the students new score charts into their folders and sharpened pencils for them, so that they would be able to write down their scores when they were finished. Later when the students completed the program for the day, I walked around the room and checked their scores.
In the meantime, Mrs. Capatosto continues to keep track of the students' scores by the Fast ForWord Progress Tracker. However, at the end of computer time, two students had not finished, so I stayed with them until they did as the rest of the class went back to the classroom with Mrs. Capatosto. When the two students and I went back to the classroom, we found everyone else sitting on the Reading Rug discussing their weekend events. This was enjoyable for the students because they got to share for themselves as well as hearing about their teacher’s weekend events with her family. After, Mrs. Capatosto read the book, “Dear Mr. Blueberry,” and the students were to respond to “when” questions. Next was centers, and the students were allowed to eat their snacks during this time. The centers for today were guided reading with Mrs. Capatosto, partner reading, listening to a book at the computer or listening to a book from a cassette player with their selected group of classmates. As the students were moving to their centers, Mrs. Capatosto went to the bulletin board to change jobs (line leaders, paper passer, messenger, mail box, caboose, lights & door, etc,). I love the idea of having jobs in a classroom because it gives each student a responsibility and a way for quiet students to participate with others. At Guided Reading today, the students were to review the vocabulary words from their assigned book, read the book as a group, and then work on a questions worksheet pertaining to the book. As the students were finishing up the centers, I got my belongings and left the classroom to go sign out at the office.
In the meantime, Mrs. Capatosto continues to keep track of the students' scores by the Fast ForWord Progress Tracker. However, at the end of computer time, two students had not finished, so I stayed with them until they did as the rest of the class went back to the classroom with Mrs. Capatosto. When the two students and I went back to the classroom, we found everyone else sitting on the Reading Rug discussing their weekend events. This was enjoyable for the students because they got to share for themselves as well as hearing about their teacher’s weekend events with her family. After, Mrs. Capatosto read the book, “Dear Mr. Blueberry,” and the students were to respond to “when” questions. Next was centers, and the students were allowed to eat their snacks during this time. The centers for today were guided reading with Mrs. Capatosto, partner reading, listening to a book at the computer or listening to a book from a cassette player with their selected group of classmates. As the students were moving to their centers, Mrs. Capatosto went to the bulletin board to change jobs (line leaders, paper passer, messenger, mail box, caboose, lights & door, etc,). I love the idea of having jobs in a classroom because it gives each student a responsibility and a way for quiet students to participate with others. At Guided Reading today, the students were to review the vocabulary words from their assigned book, read the book as a group, and then work on a questions worksheet pertaining to the book. As the students were finishing up the centers, I got my belongings and left the classroom to go sign out at the office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So for this entry, you could make a relevant hyperlink to Guided Reading or a website about classroom jobs.
ReplyDeleteWhat does our text establish about specific reading programs and classroom jobs as tools for engaging students with exceptionalities?